By Muhammad Asif Khan
Not so long ago - after apologising to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for the run-away episode - the lanky wicketkeeper made his way back to the domestic cricket and did really well.
The latest twist to the tale came as Zulqarnain posted a message on his Facebook profile on Wednesday. He wrote and I quote with a bit of adjustment “The ICC didn’t clear Kamran Akmal but the PCB, its selectors and other members did. What a justice? One thief goes and another comes in.
Lot of stories
about selectors and corruption will surface soon”
On the face of it these allegations have no substance whatsoever and this is the very question asked by this correspondent on which Zulqarnain Hyder replied that he would soon present three questions before the media. He added that he was taking this step along with his lawyer “in the best interest of the game”.
The wicketkeepers said his lawyer will hold a press conference soon, and will present following three ‘relevant’ questions.
1. What was the reason of sidelining Kamran Akmal?
2. The ICC’s clearance letter should be made public.
3. Names of the PCB integrity committee members who questioned Akmal should be made public along with their findings.
“I am doing it in the national interest and for the betterment of the game of Cricket. My lawyer will also probe into the documents presented by Kamran Akmal before the Integrity Committee. Furthermore a bond should be signed by me and Kamran Akmal, and whoever fails to prove his point should be sent to jail for 5 years”, said Zulqarnain Hyder
Zulqarnain Hyder’s latest allegations seem as fragile as his earlier claims, but this is for certain that this new outburst would not bring any good for him.
Previously in 2010, Zulqarnain had fled to
London from a
team camp in
without informing the PCB after receiving “death threats”. He also retired from
international cricket but later withdrew his decision. Dubai