Monday 1 April 2013

Junaid snubs county offers, concentrates on CT

By Muhammad Asif Khan

KARACHI: The recent tour to South Africa, where the batting line of Pakistan didn’t perform up to the expectations, but pacemen Junaid Khan and lanky Muhammad Irfan caught everybody’s attention including the English county teams, however, one of the duo, Junaid Khan said his entire focus is on the upcoming Champions Trophy.
 
“I have played for Lancashire, and recently got good offers from Durham and a few other county teams, however my entire focus is on the Champions Trophy at the moment, hence I turned down the offers”, said Junaid Khan while talking to this correspondent for News One TV.

“PCB also advised me to skip county offers to avoid possible injuries before the mega event scheduled in England later this year”, added Junaid Khan

The left arm fast bowler hurt his leg during the recently concluded tour of South Africa where he performed impressively.

Junaid Khan, who recently led his regional side at the domestic super eight T20 tournament, described his captaincy experience as a great learning curve for him.

“I was given the responsibility in Younus Khan’s absence, and I enjoyed the experience. I am eyeing at the upcoming departmental One-day tournament now”, said Junaid

The 23 year old was also ecstatic to know that the legendry Wasim Akram would probably appear at the training camp before the champions trophy.

“I heard Wasim Akram will also visit the training camp and that would the best opportunity for a youngster like me to learn from the master”, concludes Junaid Khan

The writer is a sports journalist in Pakistan, heads the sports department at News One TV & tweets @mak_asif

No comments:

Post a Comment